Friday, May 29, 2015

BROKEN VESSEL


BROKEN VESSEL

Lying in my bed,
I ponder on what God has said.
He says He can use me,
but I've been so abused,
torn and confused.
How can He use someone like me?
But as I recall, after reading my Lord's words,
He uses the weak to shame the strong.
So no matter the hurtful words
that have been flung my way,
I must remember that they come from the enemy.
And despite my broken vessel
God has used me in a way
I could never imagine or dream.
Because I have been assured
that I am the apple of His eye,
He whispers to me in the dead of the darkest night,
and He tells me exactly what to write.
And somehow these simple words
that I form in my damaged heart,
these thoughts 
that come from the deepest part of me,
God takes my weakness
and spreads it throughout the world
to give strength to those
I have never met
or don't even know.
God loves all of us,
despite everything we've done
and uses us for good
The only thing He asks us to do,
such a simple thing,
is to open our hearts
and become a part of Him,
to be mended.
His children.
If Jesus can use
a broken vessel such as I,
then imagine what He can do
with you.














Psalm 73:26 - My body and my heart may grow weak, but God is the strength of my heart and all I need forever.


1 Corinthians 1:27 - But God has chosen what the world calls foolish to shame the wise.  He has chosen what the world calls weak to shame what is strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment