Monday, April 17, 2017

HE IS ALWAYS NEAR

I glance up in the beautiful
puffy white-clouded blue sky
through the side window in our van
on our way to yet another doctor's visit.
Being outside for me is like taking a mini vacation.
Just in case you have not read or seen
any of my other little personal missives,
most of my days are spent lying in my comfy bed,
my cherished Dachshund Elvis snuggled under his binky,
my cat Panda, who knows how beautiful she is,
perched on top of the stacks of pillows
practically lying on my head.
I try what I can
to keep the pain at bay,
but unfortunately
my God made me in such a way
that the pain I feel just wants to stay.
And sometimes when I am lying here in my room,
a thought comes to mind, and I try to painfully pull 
the right words out of my head,
praying that I am glorifying Jesus whatever I say
and maybe helping someone in this bleak world
with these simple words.
Please know that Jesus is the same
yesterday, today and tomorrow.
It is we who change.
He still performs miracles
as he did on my back.
One night I felt a warm hand inside my spine
and the next day
I threw my crutches and bulky leg brace away.
Never give up, never give in.
Never fear
for He is always near.






PSALM 19:14

MAY THESE WORDS OF MY MOUTH AND THIS MEDITATION OF MY HEAR BE PLEASING IN YOUR SIGHT, LORD, MY ROCK AND MY REDEEMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment