Friday, March 22, 2013

WHY NOT ME? (updated)



Here I am, in the hospital again,
chained to my IV like some kind of prisoner.
And I cry out, "Lord, why me?"
Am I singing psalms, am I praising Him
the way Paul did when he was in prison?
Have I traveled over ten thousand miles
spreading the Gospel, never resting a while?
Have I been shipwrecked, without a home?
Have I been in a cold damp dark dungeon all alone?
Do I count myself blessed to be persecuted in His name?
Have I been judged for my faith, being put to shame?
So here I rest safe and sound, back at home
meditating on Paul, and my question changes.
My pity party is over, although my bruises are still there.
I'm still weak, and can barely stand.
And my question changes.
Who am I, Lord, to complain?
Why NOT me?






Isaiah 40:31:  But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.






No comments:

Post a Comment