Sunday, August 3, 2014

Am I doing enough? (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)



I write about the Lord
and all that He has done for me.
I write about the pain I endure,
and how useless it can be.
But is that enough?
Would others stronger than me
be standing on street corners,
signs ablaze,
standing around for hours without complaint,
proclaiming the love of the Lord?
It's so easy to say to strangers "Jesus loves you,"
then walk away
not asking about their lives.
I meet most people either in the doctor's office
or the Emergency Room,
so you know there is a story there.
But do I take the time to comfort, to emphasize?
Trust me, there are a lot of nurses out there who do not know the meaning of the word.
So if you see someone in pain, if they want to talk (and they usually do), take a minute to be the Jesus in their lives and love them a little.
It doesn't take long to give love.



MATTHEW 5:43-48
YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID, 'LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AND HATE YOUR ENEMY.' BUT I TELL YOU, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND PRAY FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU THAT YOU MAY BE CHILDREN OF YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.   HE CAUSES HIS SUN TO RISE ON THE EVIL AND THE GOOD,
AND SENDS RAIN ON THE RIGHTEOUS AND UNRIGHTEOUS...













AA\\\\\

No comments:

Post a Comment