Friday, August 29, 2014

HAPPY (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Resting in bed,
my twisted ankle and knee elevated,
separated shoulder in a sling,
grudgingly trying to do what the doctors said.
I don't like being told what to do,
never have.
I have taken one college course in psychology,
and because I got an A,
I believe I have the right to say
that I know me better than anyone else
except for God, of course,
and maybe even my sweet hubby.
I'm cursed with a little girl voice,
which makes me sound rather loopy,
and right here and now I'm begging Jesus for a different voice when He blesses me with my resurrected body.
So to get to the point I was trying to make before I started rambling,
commanded and rather loudly led
 by chocolate, my muse,
which keeps me from stumbling not quite as much
as I do 
having rather large feet, of which I have two,
that never go where I want them to.
They just go wherever instead.
And for a person who is stuck in bed,
and has absolutely no tolerance for pain,
I am, praise the good Lord, blessed.
I have the sweetest husband in the world.
If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting him,
you'll just have to trust me and take my word.
I have food in my cupboard, a warm bed,
I am loved and have the pleasure of loving my sweet little dog, amongst others.
I have a roof over my head,
and a loving woman I am proud to call my 
mother-in-law.
She understands and genuinely cares.
She's patient with my silly rambling
and never seems to tire when I over share.
I have a sweet son who takes care of me when my hubby is at work,
and I have a new church family and a pastor
who prays for me.
If you're feeling sad or blue,
look around you.
You will find happiness
in the smallest of things.
God is everywhere,
He made every thing.
Butterflies,
chocolate,
and angels' wings.




1 PETER 5:7

CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETY ON HIM,
FOR HE CARES FOR YOU.



PS: GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!









No comments:

Post a Comment