Sunday, April 28, 2013

I SERVE HIM (UPDATED)


You say I need to love my enemies,
my sisters and my brothers,
friends.
Be kind to them.
In my heart, though, it's hard for me to hear them speak
when I know they haven't been kind to me,
at least that's what I believe.
But my Lord asks us to serve Him
above all else.
Something about that rings true,
something I can understand.
I have to tell myself that they didn't hurt me intentionally.
But it's happened so many other times,
that today it's hard for me to wrap all of those times, those things
around my mind.
However,
I don't want to let this fester in my heart
the way I have before.
I don't need this unforgiveness anymore.
So I'm letting go today
Because God wants me to be that way.
I serve Him.





PROVERBS 3:5-6

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART
AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING.
IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM
AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT. 









No comments:

Post a Comment