Tuesday, April 30, 2013

INIQUITY (UPDATED)

Thank you, Jesus, for delivering me
from my own iniquity.
I've blamed my pain on the way I was raised.
But that's something I can never change.
There's always something inside,
some measure of pride.
Cleanse me, Lord, wash me in your purifying blood,
save me from the flood.
Please deliver me
from this anger that comes so quickly.
Stop me from judging,
from preaching
in such a way
that makes others want to run away and hide.
Let your light
shine brightly
through me.
Wash me with your living water
so I can be a better daughter.
Jesus, I am so bound up by my sins,
there's no way I could ever win.
I cannot change them, but you can.
And I cannot change me.
Only you can
and only by your grace
and forgiving me my iniquity.
If they want to continue to live this way,
that's their prerogative,
but that won't stop me from praying for them
unceasingly.


PSALM 27:14

WAIT FOR THE LORD;
BE STRONG
AND TAKE HEART
AND WAIT FOR THE LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment