Sunday, April 28, 2013

TESTIFY (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)


"You're too sensitive," of which I was endlessly reminded.
It wasn't until just a little while longer
that was I chosen,
that I was shown
that
being sensitive
is a gift.
A gift from you.
God made me this way for a reason,
for a season or three.
And that season begins today,
which is why I put you first, Lord,
and cry out to you first thing
in the morning,
which happens to be
the best thing
for me.
What am I trying to say?
That it's okay
to be the way
you are
because
God made you.
That was His intent,
It's a mistake to live any other way.
He doesn't make mistakes,
we do.
Please believe me
when I share
with total strangers
that, yes, I've been on the fence a time or two
or more,
not relentlessly,
and it's really not that comfortable
over there,
on that stoop
with all the pretty sunflowers just out of reach.
I know it looks beguiling,
but looks can be very deceiving.
Please stay on the path
of righteousness.
You know.
The straight and narrow.
And, Jesus, please
light the path ahead.
Don't let me look back
because it's way too dark and sad.
The past was most definitely 
 not a blast.
But don't put me there, Lord, in the past,
because, I promise, it's not a pretty picture
if I'm in it.
My point?
Don't let anyone tell you 
that something is wrong with you,
that you're not normal.
What they don't know,
and this is a secret,
so pinky swear not to tell them,
that being normal
is no fun at all.
Don't let anyone but Jesus have the glory
in everything you say or do.
Our God is strong,
and I'm the weakest person around.
All I want is for God to have all of the glory
because you sacrificed your child
for a sinner like me.
But now I have an awesome testimony
of how God saved me
from the chains that bound me.
The world hurt me
in o so many ways,
and the enemy lied.
Is that not a surprise?
I allowed him to makeme lonely, sad and depressed.
Now,
I must forgive,
and then just live.
Fly.
Move on.
Testify.
Glorify His name
in your darkest days.
Live to love Him.
Amen






PHILLIPIANS 4:7

AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS.






No comments:

Post a Comment