Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pride (UPDATED)

Coming to terms with the cane, crutches and wheelchair, pride stands in the way.
It's the stares that bother me the most,
looking at me pitifully as if I wasn't whole,
or, my favorite, looking past me as if I was somehow magically invisible.
I need to come to terms with it
because there may never be a cure,
and maybe this is how God wants me
as long as I'm happy
so He can have all the glory.
I never expected to end up this way.
My sister was the sick one,
but I truly believe this is all part of God's plan.
Nowhere in His Word does He say this life will be a breeze,
especially if you're living for Him and fighting against evil every day.
I know God has the power to heal me,
but what if just for now
He wants to get rid of the pride
and let others take care of me for a while,
keep this thorn in my side?
Wouldn't He get the glory?
Because I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself,
and the next time someone stares at me I'm going to testify and praise His name.
Cane, crutches or wheelchair,
there's no stopping me now.


PSALM 27:13

I AM STILL CONFIDENT OF THIS:
I WILL SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD
IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING.









No comments:

Post a Comment