Sunday, September 1, 2013

Running (UPDATED)

Why do I let pain be the name of the game 
when it only leads to self-pity, sorrow 
and not wanting to face tomorrow?
So what if my legs don't work like they should,
and I sometimes stoop over like I'm made of rotten old wood?
I have a husband who loves me,
three beautiful grown children whom I've raised,
a place to call home,
and I'm winning the race.
Despite all the roadblocks, the curves and the hills,
not to mention the too many u-turns,
there have been green pastures and valleys where God's allowed me to catch my breath and sit still.
I've heard my Lord's voice, and I believe the pain helps me to understand
a little of what my sweet Jesus went through and why He's still holding my hand.
So if this pain is here to stay,
the one thing I am sure of is that one glorious day
I'll have a new body
and will be able to run
through the fields of flowers,
drinking the water of life
and basking in the presence of the Son.


PSALM 27:14

WAIT FOR THE LORD;
BE STRONG
AND TAKE HEART
AND WAIT FOR THE LORD.



No comments:

Post a Comment