Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Prayer Today

If this is my plight, 
then I accept it Lord,
for what other decision 
do I have to make,
knowing that you hold
 my short life 
in your mighty hands, 
your glorious hands?
I wake up afraid
 that I may not be able to walk that day, 
but fear does not come from the Lord.
I Praise the Lord
 each and every day 
for the amazing way 
He provides for us, 
miraculous ways 
that would never even occur to me.
And I'm coming to terms
 with seeing angels 
and hearing God's still quiet voice, 
testing it, of course, several times.
I want to have the courage 
to explore these angel lights, 
but am fearful, 
and as I have said many times before, 
fear does not come from the Lord.  
Will it be tonight?  
Will I have a revelation tonight?  
I do so want to.  
But the years of religion have taught me 
that this is not possible, 
even though my own experiences 
have taught me otherwise.  
I want to pave the path 
for other Sisters in the Lord 
and tell them that it's okay 
to see Angels 
and to hear that still quiet voice 
that comes so deeply from your soul 
that it can only be the voice of God, 
as long as you are walking
 on the path of righteousness  
And something about being debilitated 
in your body 
to the point of needing a wheelchair to get around has a way of bringing you to your knees.  
Or you can grow bitter.  
It's your choice. 
Jesus is the same yesterday, 
today, 
and tomorrow.  
It is not He that has walked away 
or changed.

To me, it's an easy choice.  
I choose Life.
I choose the Lord.  
And as I listen to the beautiful chanting 
of my young son, 
I know there is hope.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment