Tuesday, April 28, 2015

GOODBYE LITTLE BROTHER

He was a pesky little runt,
as most little brothers can tend to be,
but only having an older sister,
he tugged on my heart strings.
And after all this time has past
(over fifty years),
I am ashamed to admit
that I wasn't the most attentive of siblings.
So imagine, if you can, my devastation
when I was told
that his lifeless body
had been found out alone and in the cold.
I berate myself
for not sharing the Lord with him
when I had the chance,
so please let this be a lesson to you and me that we must take the chances
whenever and wherever we can.
I pray that my little brother is now warm
and resting in God's wings,
sitting at the feet of Jesus,
enjoying the comfort of our King.
Testify, no matter how shy,
because you never know
where the road will end. 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment