Wednesday, April 15, 2015

HOPE, RAMBLE

Waiting for test results,
I admit that I am scared.
So I turn to the Lord,
asking for a healing,
but knowing in my heart
that whatever the doctor says,
I have hope.
I walk in His footsteps,
knowing Jesus has a plan.
Before I was born,
He had my life mapped out.
He bled for me,
washing me clean,
sacrificed his life for my sins.
I must rely and remind myself
that whatever happens,
I am wrapped in His wings,
held in His hands.
I've had a good life,
been loved and had love returned.
I've been happy and sad,
healthy and not.
But since I was five,
Jesus has been in my heart.
He is in control.
Sure I've turned my back on Him,
more than once or twice.
I was sure that He was mad at me.
unfortunately not trusting Him,
scared because of what my earthly father did.
I know now, though, He has always loved me,
wanting only the best for me.
So I've jumped off the fence,
traveled the narrow road,
stumbled a few times.
But I'm still here,
despite my life.
So as long as I have breath,
there is hope.






Psalm 9:18:  But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.


















No comments:

Post a Comment