Tuesday, April 14, 2015

JUST WORDS (RVD)

When you hung on that tree,
Lord,
thank you for thinking of me.
Thank you for having a plan,
for opening your arms,
letting me stay
when others turned away.
My heart may have been broken,
my body may be bruised,
but I know you would never ask anything of me
that you haven't already been through.
You came into my heart
at such a tender age.
And even though I have stepped away
more than once or twice,
you stayed,
patiently waiting for me,
standing by my side.
I look in the mirror and wonder why,
knowing I'm not worth it,
at least that's what I've been led to believe.
But you must have seen something,
you must have known,
that one scary day
you would give me the strength
to share my hurts and pains
hoping that just one person
would be helped by the words you give to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment