Sunday, August 11, 2013

NEW (UPDATED WITH PICTURE AND SCRIPTURE AND TITLE)



We are all given gifts,
and I believe it is most important to not only discover them but use them before they are lost forever.
Use them or lose them.
Our King blessed everyone with special gifts
especially suited to us.
Who knew a while ago
I'd blow out my back
so severely that I'd end up spending most of my days in bed and finding myself becoming jealous when I watched people walk.
and think woe is me, throwing myself weekly pity parties, balloons included.
Then my Sweet Lord who is always beside me
reminds me of the first place trophy I won when I was very young for a poem I had written
entitled "How Long Is a Piece of String?"
The second line was "Maybe it's as long as a bird's wing."
That's all I can remember.  And my mother being my mother must not have thought it was too important to keep the poem around (after all, it WAS only first place), as my older sister was battling polio at the time.  So for well over 40 years I became the quiet little church mouse my earthly family had required of me.
But, surprise surprise, I've since broken free,
because the time is near.
I've been through the fire,
refined,
made new.
Shaped by the Potter's hands;
And Praise Him,
 I'll never be the same again.
I AM NEW.



2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

THEREFORE, IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, 
THE NEW CREATION HAS COME:
THE OLD IS GONE,
THE NEW IS HERE!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD.































No comments:

Post a Comment