Wednesday, August 7, 2013

BUMPITY BUMP (REVISED WITH TITLE AND SCRIPTURE)

I just want to be done,
I want to go home.
My heart cries for that day.
When will it ever come?
Have my own petty mistakes
caused a delay?
Haven't I done enough?
Haven't I paid the price,
sacrificed?

I know I'm not the best,
I've never admitted to being so.
But I have testified on your behalf
so many times, everywhere I go.

I've lost my temper,
made the wrong turns,
gotten lost a time or two
and turned from your Holy Word.
But when is enough enough,
the heartache and the pain?
How many times am I going to have to go through it?
Again and again and again?

And why o why did you choose 
the most sensitive one
to go through these battles that I don't think I've ever even won?

I try to stay on track,
but a bump comes along,
and there I go,
down on my back.

Why do you still love me
when you know my darkest secrets,
the ones I let no one else see?
I don't even try to keep them from you
how can I
because you know and see everything.
Even in the midnight hour,
the darkest part of the night,
you see and you know
but you still love me so.

My body is so broken and weak
and my heart can't be broken again.
But until you tell me yourself,
with your strength upon this rock I will stand,
but only if you promise to never leave me
and hold my hand until it's time for eternity
where I can finally rest,
lie down by your feet,
listen to your stories
and never again feel sorrowful and weak.

And, Jesus, please forgive me,
please never leave me,
for I love you so
more than anyone on this wretched earth 
could ever know or even
comprehend.
That is, unless they have opened their
 broken hearts 
to you, too,
my sweet Lord.



HEBREWS 5:16-18

REJOICE ALWAYS,
PRAY CONTINUALLY,
GIVE THANKS
IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES;
FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU
IN CHRIST JESUS.


GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD.





No comments:

Post a Comment