Saturday, August 10, 2013

OUCH! (UPDATED WITH TITLE AND SCRIPTURE)

Hope springs eternal.
Will my past ever catch up with me?
And Lord, I am so convicted
because
 I need to spend more time on my knees
in supplication
and adoration

And this is my confession: there is a very special  person
who I have hurt unintentionally.
and now she feels rejected, unloved, 
and not taken care of.

And no matter the circumstances,
Jesus orders me to put my pride aside,
and no matter the cost, make things right
if I ever hope to worship at His alter
and continue to be a part of His life.

I want to disappear and become a clearer image
of our sweet Lord who died for me

Another confession: I am one of those foolish ones
that God not only keeps around but uses to confound the so called wise ones of this dying earth before the rocks burst out.
I'm not sure about you,
but that would be quite frightful.

I have the tendency to become much too wrapped up in my own petty little life that I can't take time for the Creator of the Universe
and thank Him for everything He has blessed me with
because He could have thrown me quite so easily into the lake of fire long ago, wiped His hands, and said "I am done,"
rather than giving me yet another chance that I in no way deserved on this horrible, sinful mortal coil.

But how good is it to be a chosen one,
grafted into the tree,
grateful every night on bended knee,
asking God to change my heart, mind, body and soul, give me His heart, if only for a minute
because I never again want to be in control?

God has given us free will.  Choose Him because the other choice leads straight to hell.


PSALM 5:3

IN THE MORNING, O LORD,
YOU HEAR MY VOICE;
IN THE MORNING
I LAY MY REQUESTS BEFORE YOU
AND WAIT IN EXPECTATION.


GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment