Saturday, July 5, 2014

Choose

Broken,
afraid of my own shadow,
scared of what will happen tomorrow.
Knowing I can no longer live this way,
I go to the Lord's word, and this is what He has to say:

Isaiah 43:18-19 - Forget the former things;do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

This is not a new scripture to me.  
But it is called the Living Word for a reason.
Every time I read it, my life is in a new season.

I have a very important choice to make - persevere through the pain
or wallow in it; believe in God's promises, that His Word is alive even today and relevant,
or mope around as if this was the end.

Every choice I make matters.
I matter.
I no longer wish to wallow.
I want to touch that one person who needs to be touched,
who knows what it feels like to be not only alone, but in pain,
and let them know that they are never alone.

Angels surround them, others have gone before them,
and Jesus is in them.




No comments:

Post a Comment