Sunday, July 6, 2014

Forgive Myself (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

How can I forgive myself when I know all I have done?
I've sinned and sinned and sinned again,
knowing the difference between right and wrong.
I may be perceived as a good person,
but I know what's in my heart.
So how can I consider myself a part of God's family, free?
The only way I can reconcile my past failings
is knowing that Jesus died for me.
He took my transgressions, future and past,
and nailed them to his tree.
He forgave me on that unforgettable day,
along with the one to the left and the right.
I wish I had been there to see that beautiful sight.
The heavens blared, the curtain was torn,
and my Jesus gathered the keys
then took his place at the right side of God, on the throne,
to continue to be my advocate.
Now all that is left is to forgive myself.
Such an easier life it would be
if everyone wasn't here to remind me
of what a sinner I have been, born of the flesh,
stupid, ugly me.
But Jesus in his infinite wisdom, has forgiven me,
so why can't I?
If only I wasn't reminded daily
of what a sinner am I.
It's a battle that I fear I may not win,
but if I've read to the end, which I'm prone to do,
then I know we win
if only we put our trust in Him.


PROVERBS 3:5-6

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING;
IN ALL YOUR WAYS SUBMIT TO HIM
AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment