Saturday, July 6, 2013

Heartache (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Late Saturday night,
lying in the darkness of my room,
my television and my dog keeping me company,
yet still I feel gloomy,
and the tears flow freely down my face,
wondering if I have a place in this race.
The pain keeps me awake,
and confusing thoughts
bind my mind
because, as it turns out,
I cannot please everyone all the time.
All I can do is try my best.
I'm not perfect and never will be,
never have claimed to be.
This life has been a constant fight,
and I'm more than ready for it to be over.
I want to be welcomed home
where there will be no more tears
and where I belong.
I'm tired of the heartache
this life causes
when you're born so sensitive.
So I give it all to you, Lord,
take this burden from me,
not knowing what I've done wrong,
singing the same old song.
Please don't be long.
I want to come home.




PHILIPPIANS 1:6

...BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS
THAT HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL CARRY IT ON TO COMPLETION
UNTIL THE DAY OF CHRIST JESUS.


No comments:

Post a Comment