Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reach Out A Hand (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

THIS IS DEDICATED TO MY BABY BROTHER, WHO WE LOST IN 2015, WHO WENT TO BE WITH JESUS AS A HOMELESS MAN

My heart bleeds for the lost,
the fatherless, the motherless,
but mostly the homeless.
So when I help those that God in His own words tells us to help,
why am I ridiculed?
They say I am being used,
and that is very true.
But I'd rather be used by Jesus for whatever reason,
in whatever season.
I am fatherless,
but, by the grace of God,
I am blessed to have a small comfy home
to call my own.
Why do we turn our backs on those that are less fortunate because they've made wrong choices,
or so we are so quick to believe?
Haven't we all made a wrong turn or two?
If you say you haven't, I don't think you're telling the truth.
Is it fair to continue to punish those that we believe have made mistakes
or so we are so quick to claim?
Who are we to judge?
Doesn't Jesus ask us to forgive seventy times seven?
And that's not just a number.
That means to forgive them always, infinitely, forever.
As we judge, so shall we be judged,
and as we forgive, so shall we be forgiven.
Love your enemy,
reach out a hand,
forgive someone today,
even if you don't understand.
You could be entertaining an angel
for all you know.
Or so I believe
down to my bleeding soul.




PSALM 5:3

IN THE MORNING, O LORD, YOU HEAR MY VOICE;
IN THE MORNING I LAY MY REQUESTS
BEFORE YOU
AND WAIT
IN EXPECTATION.







No comments:

Post a Comment