Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Through A Glass Darkly (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

My heart aches.
I can feel it breaking
shattered into little pieces of glass.
It will take a miracle
to piece it back together again.
I was sure my prayers of forever
had been answered,
but I can see them fading away,
like the fog in a mystery.
Then the frustration and panic kicks in
because I have no control.
I cry,
sobbing hysterically,
then I beg,
make promises
I know I can't keep.
I don't know
what I've done wrong
or how to stop
my heart from breaking,
aching.
I've tried my best,
followed God's guidance
held His hand
I've not gone out on my own
or turned the wrong way
or followed a different road
or stayed
sitting
quietly
on the fence.
And where has that led me?
Where do I go from here?
It was me all along,
I was the one who was wrong.
It can be so hard to see
your own reflection.
I don't like the image I see,
but Jesus sees me differently,
not a reflection.
I realize
only He can give me
the love I need.
He knows me best,
sees past the lies
I see Him
through a glass darkly
He sees me
clearly



1 CORINTHIANS 13:12

FOR NOW WE SEE ONLY A REFLECTION AS IN A MIRROR; THEN WE SHALL SEE
FACE-TO-FACE.
NOW I KNOW IN PART;
THEN I SHALL KNOW FULLY,
EVEN AS I AM FULLY KNOWN.




No comments:

Post a Comment