Friday, July 5, 2013

REVIVAL (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

What has happened
to the good old days,
revivals,
prayer meetings,
where Christians weren't afraid
to lay hands on and pray
for the sick and the infirm
the way we were instructed to do
by our King,
Lord Jesus?
Is any of this ringing a bell?
Nothing has changed.
Our faith is still the same.
Is it fear,
or
the fact that the world may think we're weird?
Well, I have some news for you,
they already do.
After all,
they DO call us
Jesus Freaks.
(A label I am very proud to claim.)
Have we become that ashamed?
I need prayer.
And not the kind where I'm put on some kind of emotionless list,
prayed for by someone that doesn't know my 
needs,
let alone my name
or that I even exist.
We need to remember who we stand for.
I went to a place,
a new church
where they didn't even know my face;
didn't have a clue
what I was going through.
But do you know what the Pastor did for me even before my husband and I got out of the door?
He chased after me,
anointed me with oil,
called for an elder,
and prayed.
God had spoken to Him,
and the important thing is,
he was obedient
and he listened.
Churches should be healing places,
not somewhere to go to see famous faces,
unapproachable pastors that have become so busy 
they have forgotten the very reason
they answered the call to preach.
A pastor should be a shepherd,
and we his flock,
and when we are hurting,
we should be able to call on him
instead of going through his minions.
So don't be afraid or ashamed.
Lay hands on the sick
and pray.
After all, the healing doesn't come from you,
it comes from the Lord.
You just need faith the size and fortitude of a mustard seed,
one of the smallest seeds ever seen.
That's all you need.
And there are so many of us out there
who really need to know that someone, anyone out there cares
enough to take the time and pray.
If you don't personally know of someone that's sick and infirm,
then pray for me or my daughter,
please.
You will be blessed beyond measure
if you just step out of your comfort zone,
and it won't take you that long.
All you need is a humble and willing spirit
and want to know Jesus as much as you can know.
We need revival here in the states,
so I'm calling on other countries
to reach out,
fall to your knees
and pray.
Please.


JAMES 5:15

AND THE PRAYER OFFERED IN FAITH WILL MAKE THE SICK PERSON WELL; THE LORD WILL RAISE THEM UP.
IF THEY HAVE SINNED, THEY WILL BE FORGIVEN. 



No comments:

Post a Comment