Saturday, June 29, 2013

WEAK ME (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Frustrated,
wondering why 
I've never been quite able to get it right
on the first try.
Do you see that inner struggle
when you look at me?
My stomach churns,
bitterness burns
as if those silly butterflies 
are flying for their life.
When you look at me,
can you see
the smile
I've carefully placed
by painting onto my face?
I won't go out
without it
because it's taken me so long to perfect it.
And if by chance you catch a glimpse
of a shimmering tear
desperately fighting its way out,
please don't be presumptuous
enough to ask me if I'm okay,
unless, of course,
you're sincere
and really want to draw near.
The answer will be no
if that's not so,
and I'll be forced
to run away
because I'll be too ashamed
for you to see 
even just an insufficient portion of my pain.
I just love
to dress up
for this masquerade dance.
So I know
when you look,
you'll never see
the real me
because I'm hiding
inside the soft comfort
of our Creator's gentle wings.
What Jesus sees
when He looks at me
is the child I used to be
that's still there
somewhere
if you just take the time to look carefully
past the fences and roadblocks
I've built as a fortress to surround myself
to keep the wolves in sheep's clothing out.
But what I'm working on
so diligently
for you to see
when you look at me
is a reflection of
God's unfailing love
and all that He
wants me to be
when you really take the time
to look at me.



1 CORINTHIANS 1:27
BUT GOD CHOSE THE FOOLISH THINGS
OF THIS WORLD TO SHAME THE WISE;
GOD CHOSE THE WEAK THINGS
OF THIS WORLD
TO SHAME THE STRONG.









No comments:

Post a Comment