Thursday, June 13, 2013

Heaven

Lord, I don't want to go back to the way I was,
always unhappy and unlucky in love.
So please don't forsake me or leave.
I admit that I was walking on the wrong side of the road,
not the straight and narrow.
So I beg for your forgiveness.
I kept wondering why there were so many stumbling blocks, 
bumps and rocks,
broken bones,
torn hearts.
It's because I turned left when I should have gone right
and the street I was on didn't have any light.
I couldn't see my feet, that's how bad it was.
Dense fog surrounded me,
blinded me,
affected my sight.
Then I heard a little quiet voice inside of my head, deep in my heart,
telling me that the right turn was just ahead,
and if I just held out my hand, I could find my way.
And when I finally got there, there I would stay.
The road is much brighter here,
so soft and smooth,
and when I encounter bumps,
you hold my hand and see me through.
You shine your light
so I'll never lose sight
of where this road is leading me,
where you're guiding me,
where you're meeting me,
eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment