Thursday, June 6, 2013

We Can Win (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Don't give in to that sin,
that vice,
whatever it is.
It will keep you from winning,
from running the race
that we all need to finish at our own pace
if we want our reward,
to see God's face.
I know how easy it is to give in,
saying to myself that it's just something small,
and later I can fall
to my knees
and plead
for forgiveness,
making promises I won't keep.
We're all born sinners.
Face it,
it's in our nature.
But Jesus was nailed to that cross,
crucified
for our sins.
He sent the Holy Spirit so we can win
the race he set before us.
This life is just a test.
And if we pass,
we can sit by his feet
and listen to his stories
forever,
for eternity.
I don't know about you,
but no matter what, I'm going to finish this race
because I can hardly wait
to see his precious face.



PSALM 27:14

WAIT FOR THE LORD;
BE STRONG
AND TAKE HEART
AND WAIT FOR THE LORD.



No comments:

Post a Comment