Sunday, June 23, 2013

Just Pray (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

If someone walks up to you and asks for prayer,
don't just say, 'Okay,
sure, when I have a second
I'll do just that,'
then turn your back
and walk away.
What's wrong with praying right then and there?
No matter where you are,
that person who is asking you for prayer
is hurting and in desperate need for an understanding heart and a helping hand.
By walking away are you saying that their needs are more important
than your pride?
What are you afraid of, after all?
Are you ashamed
that someone may hear you speak God's name?
Prayer is the most powerful thing,
and it's a witness to our King.
The lost and hurting ask for prayer.
There may be no one else in their lives they can turn to.
So, I dare you,
the next time someone, a stranger or otherwise, asks you to pray.
take a sensitive minute or two
and just pray.
For all you know, that stranger may be 
an angel in disguise,
and I wouldn't want to make my Lord cry.


ROMANS 1:16

FOR I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL, BECAUSE IT IS THE POWER OF GOD THAT BRINGS SALVATION TO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES:  FIRST TO THE JEW, THEN TO THE GENTILE.




No comments:

Post a Comment