Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Can I Please Come Home? (UPDATED)

My heart's shaking,
aching,
scared,
afraid of crossing the line,
saying what's not right.
I want things now.
I don't understand
what's holding them back.
I want the wall
to crumble
like it did in Jericho.
But what I want
most of all
is your will.
So, Lord,
please give me your wisdom.
Help me to do and say the right things
at the right time
and toss 
my wants
out the window
far away where they belong
never to return again,
thrown into the lake of fire.
Make me strong
because I'm so frightened
that the door that I've been waiting for
so long to be opened
has been unlocked,
opened a crack,
just enough
to give me a glimpse
of all that I've missed.
How can it be
that I'm so scared
when you've answered my prayers?
Is it the unknown
or maybe
'cause it's been so long?
Please stay by my side,
my sweet Jesus.
Guide me in every step that I take
so I don't make any more ridiculous mistakes.
Help me to say and do
what you want me to.
Let your will be done,
and my will be dead and gone.
My life is yours.
But I want to be honest with you, Lord,
and tell you the truth.
I'm  exhausted from all of these battles,
my heart's been broken and bruised
much more than a time or two.
I'm done, I'm ready.
Can I please just come home?
But I'm still here,
so I guess my job
is not quite done.
Here I am,
here I'll stay
in this race
with my sweet Jesus,
 my Savior by my side.
And I know if I continue on this road
and never
look back,
the wait will just seem
like a dream.


1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18

REJOICE ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY,
GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES;
FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS.




No comments:

Post a Comment