Sunday, June 16, 2013

Live, Laugh, Love (THIS WAS MY DAD'S MANTRA) (UPDATED)

I think sometimes I can tend to take this life too seriously, not taking enough time to live and laugh,
not remembering that this life I have is the only one, the only chance I'll ever get to live.
Maybe it takes an accident, a closed door or more
to think about how life is too short.
My dad died so young,
and he died all alone,
no one to hold his hand.
And when you're in constant pain you think no one could ever understand what it's like to lie in bed day after day.
I don't want the pain
to overtake what God has planned.
So I'm going to try to take the time to smell the roses, as they say.
God invented emotions, after all,
so I'm sure it's okay to smile and laugh once in a while
and, yes,
even to cry.
I don't want to regret
never taking chances
when this chapter comes to a close
and I come to the end of this race.


JEREMIAH 29:11
"FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU,"
DECLARES THE LORD,
"PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU,
PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE."




No comments:

Post a Comment