Saturday, June 8, 2013

I Thank God For My Family

I woke up this morning,
restless and stressed,
wondering why I'm being so paranoid,
feeling as if
I was about to be harmed,
forgetting for a moment
that all I need do
is rest in my sweet Jesus' arms.
Maybe it's because this past
year has been such a painful test
that it's hard to envision
peace for me.
But I thank the good Lord
for laying on my heart
to become faithful in reading His Word.
It's a wonder what can happen when you do what God requests.
Because now scripture seems to come to me
so easily. 
And quickly I remember
the peace that surpasses all understanding,
so much so
that we'll never know.
Then I force myself out of bed,
and I thank God that we've made Him the head 
of our little family -
our two cats,
our two dogs,
and my hubby and me.


Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment