Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sweet Relief (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Scared about the future,
I reach out for prayer,
and, maybe it's just me,
but I feel like no one cares.
They all have their own problems,
I understand.
But where does that leave me
when I need prayer?
So I turn to my Lord
my Heavenly Father,
my Creator,
my Savior.
I know He has the time,
and He wants me to turn to Him.
In my hour of need,
He is always there for me.
He's never too busy,
too wrapped up in Himself.
No matter what,
He'll always take the time.
He covers me with love,
spreads His wings
and sends His comforter from high above.
He calms my fears
and gently dries my tears.
When I don't feel as if
I can face another day
feeling this way,
my sweet Lord Jesus
tells me that everything will be okay.
He has a plan,
He knows what the future holds,
He won't allow anything to happen to me
that hasn't been foretold.
So I rest in His promises
because I know He can't lie,
and I rest my tired body,
and with relief,
sigh.



1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18

REJOICE ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY,
GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCE;
FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU
IN CHRIST JESUS.


No comments:

Post a Comment