Friday, April 22, 2016

BEAM ME UP JESUS, PLEASE

Sticks and stones,
yes,
would most likely break my bones.
And despite what you may have thought
or heard of me,
just because my body doesn't work correctly,
that does not, in any way,
shape
or form
affect my mind.
But as for words
that have been thrown
in my particular direction,
they have been known
to crack and even sometimes,
yes,
shatter
my soul.

It took me so long
to find this Sunshine
that was buried so deeply inside.
You know,
you remember don't you?
Shall I give you a hint?
The one that was knit together 
in my mother's womb?

This budding poet
had been locked in the dark 
spiders everywhere
closet
it seemed to her, forever.
And when she was finally released,
when she could breath the sweet air,
she spread her wings
and flied
for the very first time.
It was tricky at first,
cuz she had been locked in the closet
for so very long,
and she wasn't used to the bright light
shining in her face,
not to mention she had no idea how to use
these suddenly-sprouted cool wings.
She couldn't find any instruction booklet
in which to refer.
O, wait, there it was -
The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Well, have you ever tried to fly
for the very first time?
And that big bright ball in the sky
hurt her eyes at first.
She didn't even know what it was
or what it was named.
She only knew that,
for some reason or other,
they called her Sunshine.
So she must have been made to fly
in the fresh sunny air
outside.

I'm sure they regret
unlocking that door
because I've shined God's light
all over.

I have told the truth,
even when it hurts me
and makes me cry.

So, as long as this is my path
and it brings God glory
and continues,
somehow,
to spread all over the globe,
and if one little word I write
can touch a heart
in some faraway land
of which I have never heard;
if I can plant a seed,
do my part,
that puts a smile 
on this scarred and shattered
heart.

Except for one more thing:
Take it from me.
Please don't wait until you are sixty
to trust in God.
None of us is promised tomorrow. 
But if you want, you can have eternity.

Take my advice,
spread your wings
and follow the light
that Jesus has set at your feet.
Don't take any detours,
be careful of the bumps,
don't rest on that fence,
stay on course
so you can find your way home
where you belong.



PSALM 119:19

I AM A STRANGER ON THIS EARTH.











No comments:

Post a Comment