Friday, December 5, 2014

Other Gods




Have I been making a mistake
by focusing so much on my daughter?
Has our lack of relationship
come between me and my Father?
Yes, I want her back in my life
more than ever.
I cry myself to sleep every night
just wishing for any sign from my baby
I need some relief.
But has my prayer life suffered?
Have I left God's side?
Do I need to be forgiven
for forsaking my relationship with my
Maker?
Have I made a God out of my daughter?
Am I the one to blame?
Am I a bad mother?
After all, she's not really mine.
She's only a gift, to be treasured for a 
time.
And is that time over?
Twenty years I had with her, closer than 
sisters
We did everything together, forged
together like twins.
Maybe I did too much, maybe I did too
little.
But in my mind I was trying to make up
for the all the many ways I was abused 
and neglected.
Maybe I went too far the other way.
But last night I had a revelation.
She's never once visited me in the 
hospital
when I was so sick and I didn't think I'd
pull through.
I was there for nearly half the year.
And now with this new ordeal, maybe 
I'm just laying too much on her little
shoulders when I should be laying 
everything on God's wide 
shoulders because His compassion, 
understanding and ability to handle is 
like no other.
I promise myself today, although I don't 
know how long it will last
that the first one I will go to with my
problems will be my Heavenly Father
rather than my daughter
He cares more, there is no doubt, only 
because He has the ability to carry the 
world on His shoulders.







2 Kings 17:35

When the Lord made a covenant with the Israelites, he commanded them: “Do not worship any other gods or bow down to them, serve them, or sacrifice to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment