Monday, December 15, 2014

Stand proud

You speak your mind,
let your mouth ramble,
never thinking of me
or the damage your words will cause.
I thought you were aware that all of my life
I've been called any hurtful word that comes to mind.
No matter the compliments.
You have me raised to be convinced 
that such nonsense is only meant for wimps.
Stop being so sensitive, 
for kind words are only
for those who cannot handle the pain
of humanity.
That's what you tell me.
I call that blasphemy,
for Jesus commands us
to love the downtrodden and the broken,
the weak of heart and the sick.
So why
try
to break me
with your insensitivity,
insanity.
I am a child of God,
proud to call myself
a daughter of the King.
So here I will stand,
hateful words withstanding,
holding onto the Love
that only God can give me.
I am a child of the King
and forever I shall stand.



Psalms 18:21 - The tongue has the power of life and death...

No comments:

Post a Comment