Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Persevere (more)

You have a love child
with someone half your age,
then our daughter doesn't speak to me
for about a decade.
And I'm the one who suffers.
How is that fair?
The world has been turned upside down.
That which was once not acceptable
seems to be the norm.
I am a child of  the Lord,
a God-fearing woman, I pray.
Yet here I am
being treated

as if everything were my fault,
and you've done nothing wrong,
apparently you're okay.
But I know that in the end
we all will be judged,
not for what we've accumulated 
or accomplished
or done.
but instead for whom we've touched,
told about the gospel.
Eternity awaits.
What will you say
when you stand before the King?
I've been telling you forever
how Jesus Christ
can change your life
and give you
eternity.
Life here in earth
will be the hardest to sustain.
But if you persevere
in the face of the unfair
there will be a reward
that will make everything clear
and you will be able to see
through a glass darkly
when we finally stand before the one and only King.






No comments:

Post a Comment