Friday, October 17, 2014

I SAW AN ANGEL (UPDATED)

I once saw an angel.
It was in the shape of a snow white owl.
It was late at night
and I was walking my dog,
knowing I needed to change my life,
make some very hard
decisions.
The owl spread its wings,
heading right for me,
white as snow,
looking straight into my eyes.
Wings wider than the sidewalk,
stronger than a tree,
flying right towards my dog and me.
I was a little frightened
but just for a second.
 For an instant,
I was jolted out 
of my self.
Very suddenly
it dawned on me
I knew it was not an owl,
but an angel.
The angel landed right in front of me,
looked straight into my eyes
for a minute or two,
then flew away,
and all the time my dog just sat there,
not running after it or barking at it
as dogs are want to do.
Goose bumps ran down my arms,
shivers tingled down my spine,
peace touched my heart and sang into my soul.
 I was not alone.
This sight was confirmation
that I was making the right decision,
cleansing my life,
making things right.
I only wish I would see this angel again.


White owls are not indigenous to Southern California.  Google it.
Also, when a white owl flew over an army headed towards battle, it was a sign of victory.  

THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME
WHEN I WAS LIVING IN SAN CLEMENTE, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment