Friday, October 17, 2014

TRUTH (UPDATED)

Does anyone really want to hear the truth?
Or do they just want to know secrets about you?
We all want to feel better about ourselves,
and knowing the worst of other's helps.
At least it does for me,
and I believe in honest honesty,
maybe too much for my own good,
and more than I should.
But that's most likely just the writer in me,
the artist bursting to become a celebrity,
to be accepted for who I am,
that doesn't want her life to be a sham.
I want my life to matter,
and I don't want to end up like my mother.
But isn't that the goal of all of us,
to be better than our betters,
to become unfettered?
Just look into my eyes and you will see
the truth that sets me free.



PSALM 4:3 - IN THE MORNING, O LORD, YOU HEAR MY VOICE; IN THE MORNING I LAY MY REQUESTS BEFORE YOU AND WAIT IN EXPECTATION.



No comments:

Post a Comment