Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'M JUST HANGIN' ON FOR THE RIDE (UPDATED)

This life is not my own.
I'm not in control.
I don't want to be
the responsible party.
I would rather go through this life
without all of the strife,
without worries,
without cares,
without fears,
without these problems that wear me down,
make me frown,
wear me out
and make me want to scream and shout.
I'd rather go to the assembly
and leave my problems at the altar,
restore the Holy Ghost in me,
the Trinity.
I want to go to the cross,
rest my weary head at Jesus' feet,
receive the comfort I so desperately need,
be inspired,
be renewed.
I want to feel whole for the first time,
be forgiven of my sins,
rinsed clean
in His sacrificial blood.
When my life is in His hands,
and  I'm where I belong,
I will fully understand the peace that surpasses all understanding
and be restored,
made new.
Jesus reigns,
and I'm not in control.
Amen.




2 CORINTHIANS 5:7 - FOR WE LIVE BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT.







No comments:

Post a Comment