Friday, October 17, 2014

iT'S JUST ME (UPDATED)

I don't have a stylist,
a hairdresser or make-up artist.
and I highlight the gray.
after all,
 God calls our gray hair a crown of splendor.
We have earned it.
But I can't erase
the wrinkles caused by the pain.
It's just me.
Extra weight,
here and there,
sometimes it's gone,
but then comes back again.
Update: the extra weight has stayed away.
I have to confess it's the stress.
I know I shouldn't allow myself
to stress out from the daily grind.
I am a woman of God,
and that's just fine.
And every day,
I can't hide what's inside.
I have to share,
I must write
before I burst
while I still have time.
I was quiet for far too long.
I can't help but let it out
or I will explode.
Always the shy one,
not wanting to make any waves.
Stay in the corner,
hide away.
Don't bring any attention to myself,
place my thoughts on a shelf.
God gave me a voice, though,
for a reason,
and this is the season
to share what I've been through,
not to be ashamed,
be proud of my name,
of who I am
and what God has given me,
my history.
The words just flow
from deep within my heart and soul.
I can't help but share
because I care.
Loving is just a part of me and my integrity.
I'm not perfect,
I've sinned a lot,
I've been there.
So right now
I'm giving it my best shot.


PSALM 19:14 - MAY THESE WORDS OF MY MOUTH AND THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART BE PLEASING IN YOUR SIGHT, LORD, MY ROCK AND MY REDEEMER.

* PROVERBS 16:31 - GRAY HAIR IS A CROWN OF SPLENDOR: IT IS ATTAINED IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.


No comments:

Post a Comment