Saturday, November 15, 2014

ALL I WANT (UPDATE)

I only started out
praying to God
that this pain that I've suffered
in one way or the other
would help just one person;
that there would be a reason
for my suffering; 
that it wouldn't be in vain.
And now, it seems,
much more than one
has been helped in some way,
hopefully opened their closed hear to Jesus,
that I've planted some seeds.
Jesus is the answer,
Jesus is the key,
whatever I have to say
isn't coming from me.
This pain that wakes me so harshly
daily
is being allowed to continue
so that God can have the glory,
for I sure as heck
don't have it in me
to live with this constant agony.
The only reason I continue
is that His word says the suffering
will bring me closer to the King
for He suffered much more
than I could ever comprehend.
Even when it seems
like there's no end in sight,
this blight on my record,
this blight on my soul,
this grouchiness,
this sadness and unforgiveness
will be healed one day
when I have my new body
and my soul is at rest
in the presence of my maker.
I don't care about the streets of gold.
All I want is to sit at Jesus' feet,
listen to his stories
and sing and praise
and worship my Lord and Savior
for all the days.

PSALM 5:3 - IN THE MORNING, O LORD, YOU HEAR MY VOICE; IN THE MORNING I LAY MY REQUESTS BEFORE YOU AND WAIT IN EXPECTATION.



No comments:

Post a Comment