Thursday, November 13, 2014

VISIONS AND DREAMS (UPDATE)

I just have so many questions
and so many words tumbling out.
I'm desperately inclined to write them down
or I'd be shouting
all day long.
So here I am singing my nightly song,
praying my prayer,
wishing on a star,
having faith in what is out there,
believing in the unseen.
I have seen, though,
which means
that I should believe more.
People say they wish they could see,
but seeing only makes you a little more scared and afraid
to go to sleep
because you have no idea what you are going to dream.
Is it going to be good
or another prophecy?
You probably won't believe me
if I tell you this,
but what the heck -
I woke up in the middle of the night
and saw a heavenly light
surrounding my room,
a crazy sight
to wake up to
when you haven't slept much
and are prone to insomnia.
This light, like a neon sign,
was scribbled in red,
on the top of the walls.
I knew what it was right away
because I pray for it every second of every day.
It was the blood of Jesus,
surrounding and protecting my family and me.
No darkness allowed,
this sign says.
Stay away from this one,
she's not of this world.

Be careful what you pray for.
Faith is believing in what you don't see.
And not believing doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It just means you are resistant against your own wishes.
Take it from someone 
who dreams
and sees
prophecies,
visions
and dreams.

1 CORINTHIANS 12:7-11 -

7  Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b]11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.




No comments:

Post a Comment