Wednesday, March 2, 2016

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Jesus,
I just want to hide and cover my face,
cry some more,
asking you,
"Why, Lord,
why?"
It's been so long,
I've done what you've asked.
I've shared me deepest secrets on the Internet.
Anyone can read my thoughts,
anyone can see
the broken me.
I don't like to show her to everyone
in case they want to hurt me, too.
Why, after all this time
are you still after me?
What have I ever done to you
besides trying to be your friend
and telling you how much my Lord
has done for me.
What else do you want from me, Lord?
Haven't I done enough,
written family secrets,
shared
until I've bled.
I'm ready, any time
to come be with you.
I tell you that every time I go to sleep.
Just make it quick and sweet,
like you did with Mama J,
as long as you give me a chance
to say goodbye to my sweet ones here.
But if there are still miles left
on this bumpy straight and narrow,
then I will carry your cross
until you say 
"Enough, Sherrie, it's time to come home."

HEBREWS 12:1

THEREFORE, SINCE WE ARE SURROUNDED BY SUCH A GREAT CLOUD OF WITNESSES, LET US THROW OFF EVERYTHING THAT HINDERS AND THE SIN THAT SO EASILY ENTANGLES.  AND LET US RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE THE RACE MARKED OUT FOR US.





No comments:

Post a Comment