Sunday, March 27, 2016

WORDS AREN'T ENOUGH

Looking up with trepidation,
freezing fright in my eyes.
I wonder why
there are so many steps
winding this way and that,
and always going up.
Some of the stairs
even look a little dangerous.
Where's the detour
our even a place to rest.
But I need to get out of this dungeon
or I will be lost.
The rusty chains,
suddenly,
have broken free,
and for some odd reason
the cell door is open
and there is no guard in sight.
So I silently slide
out of the night,
guided by some kind of light.
It has not been easy
and I've fell and hurt myself
and had to go to the ER
more times than I'd like to admit.
But I know by now
that I've never been alone on this trip.
The only thing I had to do
was make my heart
Jesus' home.
Invite Him in.
It's the best and easiest thing I've ever done,
laying my sins at his feet,
and being washed clean.
I wish I had done it sooner
cuz it's such an amazing thing
that words could never explain it.




REVELATION 3:20

HERE I AM!
I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK.
IF ANYONE HEARS MY VOICE AND OPENS THE DOOR,
I WILL COME AND EAT WITH THAT PERSON,
AND THEY WITH ME.







No comments:

Post a Comment