Saturday, March 5, 2016

JESUS, I GIVE YOU ALL OF THE GLORY

Give me the strength
I think I'm going to need,
Jesus,
pretty please.
And while you're at it, 
some Solomon-like wisdom would come in handy, too.
You say in your Word,
(I've read it a lot
and written some of it on my heart.)
to ask and we will receive.
So, here I am,
metaphorically again on my knees,
and, again, I can't stop this broken heart from bleeding.
Why did you have to make me so sensitive?
I've finally learned that it's a gift,
but,
in the beginning
growing up
it was just something else
for them to use against me,
as if they didn't all ready
have enough.
And why make me the only sensitive one
in a family of over a hundred and one?
I'm lonely.
Then I listen to my praise and worship songs,
which, BTW, I could listen to all day.
Listening to songs about you
just puts me in this different place
high above
resting on the puffy odd-shaped purple clouds.
I love you so much, Lord.
You just answered a prayer
I've been praying 
for over 30 years.
I suppose that's why you tell us
to pray unceasingly.
Plus I always forget this:
That your word says you will give us 
the deepest desires of our heart
if we just desire you above all else.
That's easy for me to do
because you have been the only one by my side,
never leaving,
all of my life.
So why am I so shocked
that you said "Yes."?
And, my sweet Jesus,
don't you know
how much I desire to be with you.
That's all that I want,
except to spread your love throughout the World,
especially to those who have been hurt
and feel ugly and different and unloved.
Lord, I give you all of the glory.






PSALM 37:4 TAKE DELIGHT IN THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment