Wednesday, March 2, 2016

STILL WAITING

Lord, you know how long it's been.
Years, months, days, hours
praying
on my knees
begging
for her to be returned to me.
I mean, come on,
she doesn't live that far from here.
And from what I hear,
she not only goes to church,
but she sings in a worship band.
Is she not reading your word;
does she not know the ten commandments?
Did I do something wrong,
go too far, the opposite way?
Does she know that she is the very first thing I think about
when I wake, trying hard to remember the sweet smell of her hair?
Does she know how much my heart is breaking?
Just tell me, Lord, will I see her on this side,
or will I have to wait for eternity?
That's all that keeps me going,
you know,
is knowing













I THESSALONIANS 5:17

...PRAY CONTINUALLY...

No comments:

Post a Comment