Thursday, March 10, 2016

I WAS WAITING FOR HIM

Lord, are you quite sure
that you chose the right servant?
You need someone who won't run from a battle,
don't you?
Because, you know that at the very first sign 
of struggle,
I will run so fast
you won't be able to find me
in my hiding place
I had to make to get some peace.
I cannot stand raised voices.
They just remind me of 
all the bad things 
that everyone says never happened.
I think I am the only one in my family
that's not in denial.

Don't you know, Sherrie, silly
there were never any fights
or hitting or anything.
You never had a broken arm, 
even though you were crying so much
I sent you to your room 
for the rest of the day.
Honestly, your crying always drove me insane
even though at the time you were five.
I told you that you embarrassed me.

All of this coming from my mother.
But, God, look at me.
Most days I am here lying in my bed,
praying unceasingly for inspiration of any kind.
That's why I've turned to you
so much more than I used to.
I had to cuz you took Mama J away.

I know this sounds crazy,
so handcuff me now cuz I'm never gonna stop,
but lying here in Riverside,
these simple words that you give me
are read all the way to Lebanon and Oman,
a country of which I had never heard.
All of the waiting 
and the continual praying
was worth it, Lord,
because I was waiting for you
to make the first move.




1 THESSALONIANS 5:17

PRAY  CONTINUALLY




No comments:

Post a Comment