Friday, March 4, 2016

JESUS IS MY LIFE

It seems as if you wait
until I'm so wounded
that I try
but just can't seem to stop crying,
to come against me,
stab me in the back
with whatever's handy,
when all I really needed was your love,
(silly me)
a sweet, long, gentle hug.
You know how I'm suffering,
not only because of what I've endured
as a cute little dimpled thing,
but now I'm physically unable.
And that will most likely
last for the rest of my life.
My heart has not quite yet
accepted it.
I just pray for God's will.
And to stay on the straight and narrow.
Who am I to question my King?
I'm nothing without Him.
And if it's His will for me to be like this
so I can help someone else worse off than me,
let them know of God's amazing agape' love;
if this is the thorn in my side,
eternity will solve everything.
What really hurts
is that I know you don't have it in you
to give me any grace.
I know you can't.
You could, you know,
if you really wanted to,
if there was just one small little light
inside of you
left over from those days we sang together
in the church's children choir;
sang about how much we loved Jesus.
Remember how happy that made us?
I pray that that little light will grow
until it's too bright too hide.
I pray for that a lot you know,
pray that you're not lost
even with everything you did to me.
I know you will deny it to your dying breath,
but that's okay cuz Jesus knows the truth.
He lights the darkest corners, you see,
with just his presence.
There is no place in the entire universe
that you can hide from our Lord.
After all,
He made it.
But, please now that we have just a few years left,
either leave me alone
or lighten up.
I love the Lord.
I love glorifying His name.
I am not ashamed.
And if you can't handle that,
I'm not going to change for you.
Jesus is my life.




JOHN 3:16








No comments:

Post a Comment