Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hurting

I'm so tired, Lord,
of digging into the past.
I wish I could just let it rest.
But I guess when you're as sensitive as me,
as has been crushed into me so constantly,
without relief,
you can't.
All of the yelling
I hear as if it were yesterday.
Closing the door didn't help.
And the slaps still sting,
and I still see the blood
flowing freely.
I don't think I will ever get that smell
out of my mouth.
But you said you'd never ask me
to go through something you haven't felt yourself.
And I cling to that,
as I do to the cross.
My heart still aches,
I miss my daughter,
I miss my health,
I miss the family I never had.
And this constant reliving
hurts.
But if what I've been through
can help just one other person,
then it will all be 
worth it.



PSALM 34:18

THE LORD IS CLOSE TO THE BROKENHEARTED
AND SAVES THOSE WHO ARE CRUSHED IN SPIRIT.


No comments:

Post a Comment