Thursday, March 10, 2016

FOOLISH

Feeling quite ill again today.
But, hey, what's new.
This pain is an every day thing,
lounging around the house
as if it belonged.
But I will use this thorn
as long as I can keep on writing,
for writing helps to keep me sane.
And I believe this pain
is the thorn in my side,
a reminder of God's sacrifice.
How can I ever make up for what you did, Lord?
You let them beat you 
until you were unrecognizable,
then they had the gall 
to sacrifice you on a cross.
But, Amen, 
the lightning flashed
and the veil was torn,
and everything was new,
reborn.
Your sacrifice saved us all.
Your blood washed us clean
of all that we have done wrong.
Lord, I give my life to you,
wheelchair and all,
I sing this song of gratitude
and ask you to never leave or forsake me,
and wheelchair or not,
use me.
Please.
I want others to know
of your unfailing love.



1 CORINTHIANS 1:27

BUT GOD CHOSE THE FOOLISH THINGS OF THE WORLD
TO SHAME THE WISE;
GOD CHOSE THE WEAK THINGS OF THE WORLD
TO SHAME THE STRONG.











No comments:

Post a Comment