Thursday, March 10, 2016

THIS ISN'T EASY

Writing like I need to do,
I open my heart
and let the blood flow
slowly down my arm,
into my fingertips
until I am done.
It's not an easy thing,
you know,
inviting strangers
to see my poor bruised broken heart,
read the words that I thought were only for me.
Apparently not.
I guess it's a good thing I'm weak on my own
and that you are my strength.
Lord, I don't want anyone to suffer the way that I did,
to be hurt by those they love and supposedly love them
I don't know what hurts the worst.
Being hit,
or being hit by someone you love
and you were pretty sure they loved you, too.
Or, at least they were supposed to.
That was their God-given job.
Okay, there, I did it again,
sharing my hurts and my pain,
opening my heart and my soul.
However, as I have said
so very many times before, Lord.
If I can help just one other person
by sharing my scars and sufferings,
and telling them that you suffered, too,
then, of course it will be all worth it in the end.
Then I can do the David dance again.



ROMANS 10:11

EVERYONE WHO TRUSTS IN HIM WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME






No comments:

Post a Comment